CHECK OUT THE TAJ MAHAL ENTRY FEES FOREIGNERS, INDIANS
Taj Mahal one of the seven wonders of the world has always been a center of attraction for both National and International visitors. As the elegant monument withstands as a symbol of love between Shahjahan and his beloved wife Mumtaz. The monument is the perfect example of Mughal architecture and in the year 1983 Taj Mahal got its place in the UNESCO World Heritage Site. In this blog, I am going to discuss regarding the Taj Mahal entry fees for foreigners, Indians as well as what are the rules for entry and timings.
Taj Mahal entry fees- Foreigner tourists (Rs 1000)
SAARC and BIMSTEC (Rs 530)
Indian Citizens (Rs 40)
For online ticket booking click here-
Timings of Taj Mahal- The opening timing of Taj Mahal is a half-hour before sunrise and closing timing is a half-hour before sunset. On Fridays, Taj Mahal is closed but is only open for those who have to attend prayers in afternoon. You can also see the night view of Taj Mahal from 08:30 P.M.-12:30 A.M. only five nights in a month. If you got a chance to see the monument in the night then don’t miss the opportunity.
Rules for entry in Taj Mahal- (1) There are mainly three gates for entry in Taj Mahal- Western gate, Eastern gate, Southern gate.
(2) Pollution is the main reason why vehicles are not allowed within an area of 500 meters of Taj Mahal.
(3)West Gate is mainly for Indian visitors and is the main gate for entering the Taj Mahal.
(4) Eastern gate is for foreign tourists but sometimes southern gate is also used to avoid the long queue.
(5) Southern gate is least used gate for entry in Taj Mahal.
Do’s inside Taj Mahal- (1) You can carry your cellphones to Taj Mahal but it is not allowed to click pictures inside the mausoleum.
(2) You can carry water bottles inside Taj, facility of filtered water is also available for tourists.
(3) It is better to use dustbins for throwing garbages, to maintain the dignity of the iconic monument.
(4) Food items inside Taj Mahal are not strictly prohibited.
(5) You can carry a video camera with yourself by paying a nominal charge.
(6) It is better to buy foot cover for yourself if visiting in Summer Season.
(7) It will be better if you hire guides from the ticket counter, to avoid being cheated.
Best Season to visit Taj Mahal- You can visit Taj Mahal at any time of the year but is better to visit the place from October- February because at that time weather is calm and pleasant.
How to reach Agra
By Flight- Kheria airport situated at distance of 14 kilometers from the Agra is well connected to major cities of India by flights.
By Train- Agra Junction is connected to major cities of India by train.
By Bus- One can easily get a bus to Agra from cities like Gwalior, Delhi, Jhansi, Lucknow.
After reading the blog you surely have got an idea about the Taj Mahal entry fees, timings, rules, Do’s, how to reach Agra. So, plan your trip to Agra and witness the symbol of love.